When I sit down with a patient at the initial consultation, the first thing I ask them is “What is bothering you?”, “Why are you here?” The patient starts to talk. Sometimes it is a list and sometimes it is just one thing. I will ask, “Tell me more about this.”
If the patient is a child, I often speak to the parent first. When I talking with the child, I will ask them what is bothering them. Sometimes, what is bothering the child, is not what the parent has said.
What Is Bothering The Person
Here are a few of what patients have said to me that is bothering them:
- My nose is running all the time. I have to wipe it. It is annoying.
- It feels as if the food is rotting in my stomach.
- I am so anxious.
- I feel so angry at times.
- I have difficulty breathing.
- My younger sister is the boss of me. (Why he came to homeopathy was because of a cough. The cough is what bothered the mother.)
- My neck hurts all the time.
- I feel as though there is dripping in my ear.
- The skin eruption on my face doesn’t go away.
- There are warts on my hands.
- There are bumps on my skin.
- I am not functioning like I did before the accident.
- I am feeling so weak after having the flu.
- I am having these persistent thoughts that scare me.
- It upsets me so much how other people treat animals and older people.
- Loud sounds are uncomfortable to me. (A child runs to his mother when hearing loud sounds.)
- I have no energy.
- I have these pains in my hands.
- My sex drive has lessened.
- My stomach hurts after I eat.
- My right side hurts.
- It hurts when I pee.
- I am constipated all the time.
- I have difficulty focusing.
- I have this ongoing cough.
- I haven’t had my menses.
- I am having a heavy menstrual flow with clots.
- I haven’t felt well since ….
You can see how varied the “botherings” are. There often is not a name, nor label to them. It can be a sensation, a feeling, a fear, a physical symptom, a thought, a response, and a reaction. It is something that the person does not like experiencing. It is bothering them.
I find it very interesting that what can bother one person, such as a skin eruption, may not be bothering another person who also has skin eruptions. This shows me over and over again how individual we all are. My job always, is to see, observe, witness about this person in front of me. How they experience what bothers them. How it affects their life. I am learning about the person’s world, where they live.
Homeopathy To Heal
We are all different. Two people may a similar physical symptom, yet need a homeopathic remedy that fits them. Over these last few years, I saw about 5 children who had warts. A different homeopathic remedy was needed for each of them. Yes, they all had warts, yet the warts were different and experienced differently.
One of the main principles of homeopathy is LIKE CURES LIKE, or the LAW OF SIMILARS. My job as a homeopath is to find out what bothers the patient, finding out what it is LIKE for them, and then giving them the LIKE (similar) in the form of the homeopathic remedy.
If you or a loved one has something that is bothering you, I would be happy to talk with you. I offer a complimentary 15+ minute Get Acquainted Call. Either contact me on this blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com. I work with all ages, babies through older adults, for many different health issues. I see people in person and virtually, in and out of the San Diego, California area.