I receive phone calls, emails, and messages from people asking me if homeopathy can help them or a family member with a particular health issue. They ask, I have this _______ or I experience this symptom _______________. What would you suggest for me?
My answer is: I need to know more. I need to know how it is for you. Someone else may be experiencing the same symptoms or have the same diagnosis, and most likely each of you would need a different homeopathic remedy that fits you. I suggest you come in for an appointment and lets see how it is for you.
What Happens In A Homeopathic Appointment
At the homeopathic appointment, I am:
- Finding out about how the person experiences what bothers them, (what brought them in for homeopathic care) through listening, observing and witnessing. What makes it better, worse, the location, type of pain, when it started and more.
- Creating a place and space for someone to talk and to show who they are and what bothers them, through words, gestures, expressions.
- Hearing about other symptoms – physical, emotional and mental.
- Asking about dreams, fears, interests. Hearing about their emotional life – relationships, events that happened in their life. How they responded to them.
- Hearing about theirs and their family’s medical history
- Following what the person is saying and asking: tell me more, what is the sensation felt in your body, what is the experience of that, how does if feel. I am being where the patient is and following what they are saying.
- Putting all the pieces/parts together, making a whole picture of the person. It is like a jigsaw puzzle, being put together. Or a painting being painted in front of me. I don’t have the complete picture in front of me to know or guide me to what the final picture will be.
- If the patient is a baby, a young child, or non verbal, I observe them, and the parent or main care giver gives me their observations and knowledge of the person. Homeopathy also is very helpful for animals.
- Giving a homeopathic remedy that is similar to this totality of the whole picture of the person.
The patient is:
- Telling, showing and sharing with me what bothers them. How they experience it. Why it is a problem for them.
Always Finding Out About The Person
The length of time I spend with a person during a consultation may vary depending on whether it is a chronic, an acute, or a first aid situation. Always, always, I am finding out about the person. Homeopathy is treating the person, not the name or label of what the person is experiencing. The name and label are part of the totality of the person.
Homeopathy is helpful for chronic, acute and first aid issues.
- A chronic condition is an ongoing health issue, in which someone experiences flare ups of symptoms periodically. It never quite goes away. A chronic issue is eczema, menstrual difficulties, menopause, digestive issues, asthma, anxiety, auto-immune conditions, depression, allergies, warts, fevers that come and go, headaches, earaches, swollen glands, urinary tract infections, extreme sound sensitivity, stomachaches, fears/phobias, not feeling well and told there is nothing wrong with them, and more.
- An acute condition is the flu, a cold, an infection, a cough, a stomachache, a fever, a childhood disease. An acute usually does not last long and the person feels better. An acute could also be a flare up or an exasperation of the chronic condition.
- A first aid situation is a fall, a trauma, an accident, dental work, surgery, a sprain/strain, a burn, cut or wound and insect bites.
For an acute or first aid issue, the appointments are shorter than for a chronic issue. The appointments may not go into as much detail as for a chronic health issue.
Some of my patients who have seen me for a chronic health issue, will contact me if they are experiencing an acute issue or a first aid issue. Homeopathy has become part of their health care.
Homeopathy To Heal
If I can be of help in regard to a chronic, an acute or a first situation, I invite you to contact me here on this blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com. I offer a complimentary 15+ minute Get Acquainted Call. If you don’t see the health issue that you are experiencing in what I wrote above, please do contact me and ask me about it. Homeopathy treats the person. I work with all ages, babies through older adults in person and virtually in and out of the San Diego, California area. I would be happy to talk with you, and to find out what is bothering you.