We are all individuals. ADD/ADHD is a name, a label, to a long list of symptoms, behaviors and responses. When a child, and/or an adult, is not fitting in to the environment of school, of work, of life even, then very often medication is recommended by the person’s physician, and/or by the school.
Some Children I Have Seen In My Practice
Over the years, I have seen many children who have had the label of ADD/ADHD put on them. There may have been a commonality in that they were not doing their work at school, having difficulty focusing and attending, and were easily distracted. Some of these children were proscribed medication – some took it and some did not. I believe that all of the parents of these children were open and wanting other ways of helping their child than using medication.
As I met with the child and their parents, I heard and observed more than that the child was distracted. I believe that each child was suffering in their own way. Below is a short description of some of the children I have seen in my practice.
- One girl was constantly moving around my office, crawling on the floor, hiding behind the chairs, and going under the desk. As she was moving around and changing her position in the room, she was talking to me.
- One boy sat still in his chair. At times, while he sat in the chair, he would move his leg. He said if someone did something to him, he automatically (and he used this word automatically) started figuring out how to take revenge on this person. Sweet revenge, he said, and smiled somewhat. He would plan what he would do to this person. He experienced very frightening dreams of dark images, which he said came right up to his face. After the first dose of the homeopathic remedy, he said that the automatic feeling of needing to take revenge on someone was gone; he didn’t feel it anymore.
- One boy had the urge to just run away from where he was. He felt very poorly about himself. At school, it was difficult to focus on what needed to be done in terms of his schoolwork. He was very concerned on how he said things, because it might be hurtful to someone.
- When I first met this boy at the door, he wanted to hide behind his mom. He also didn’t want to be videotaped. He felt embarrassed. During the school day, he was not focusing on his schoolwork. Once home, his mother needed to help him with his homework, going over the material he had learned during the day. After the first dose of the homeopathic remedy, both his mother and his teacher noticed that he was more focused on his work. And his mother said that he seemed calmer.
- Another boy had angry outbursts and tantrums at home, at school, and in public areas.
There is more to each of these children than what I have written here. You can see how different each of these children are. Each was given a different homeopathic remedy; a homeopathic remedy that fit them.
Healing With Homeopathy
With the healing with homeopathy, the child becomes more of who they are. The child is not changed. They become who they are fully, being curious and creative children. With the healing process, the child no longer experiences the inner interferences that has made it difficult for them to interact in their environment, the world around them, and with their family and friends.
Although, I have written mostly about children in this post, all of this applies to teenagers and adults as well, who may have been given the label of ADD/ADHD or are taking medication. We are all individuals, and our treatment needs to fit us, not a label.
I would be happy to talk to you further about yourself or a loved one who may have been given the label of ADD/ADHD. You can contact me here on this blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com.
I am happy to say that I will again be at The Healthy Spirit (629 3rd Ave, Suite B, Chula Vista, CA 91910) for anyone in the San Diego area who has always wondered about Homeopathy — what it is, how it works, how it can help you be healthier and happier –I will be there on Monday, May 16, 2016. I will be seeing walk-in visitors between the hours of 11 am and 2 pm. For all ages! I will be specifically offering: A getting acquainted homeopathic consultation, to hear what is bothering someone, how it affects them – an ongoing health concern, such as digestive issues, headaches, anxiety, skin eruptions, chronic fatigue, menstrual difficulties, insomnia, sore throats, behavioral issues, allergies – and how homeopathy can be of help. It is a free 20 – 30 minute homeopathic consultation. Homeopathy – looking at the whole person, and as an individual. Please stop by!