I receive phone calls, emails, and messages from people asking me if homeopathy could help their particular health concern. Very often, I am asked, I have this _______ or I experience this symptom, what would you suggest for me?
I don’t know. And I say that. I say I don’t know. Then I say, I need to find out how this is for you. I need to know more. I suggest you come in for an appointment and lets see what is going on with you.
What Happens In A Homeopathic Consultation
When I meet someone for a homeopathic consultation, this is what is happening. I am:
- Listening. Observing. Witnessing. So I can understand what the person is experiencing. Finding out what is bothering them, and how they experience it. What this is like for them.
- Creating a place and space for someone to talk and to show who they are and what bothers them.
- Listening to the spoken and the unspoken words. I often say, I am listening through.
- Watching, seeing, hearing, the hand gestures, body movements, facial expressions, sounds the person makes, and the words and language the person uses to express themselves.
- Specifically, finding out about a symptom – what makes it better, worse, location, how experienced, when it first started, how it feels, other symptoms with it, how is it to have the symptom.
- Putting all the pieces/parts together, making a whole picture of the person. Like a jigsaw puzzle, being put together. Or a painting being painted in front of me. But I don’t have the complete picture in front of me to know what the final outcome will be.
- Learning the person’s world and their language. How they view their world. How they experience their world.
- Giving a homeopathic remedy that is similar to this whole picture of the person.
Always Finding Out About The Person
What I describe here, is what I do whether the person has:
- a chronic condition – ongoing, experiencing flare ups of symptoms periodically, never quite going away, such as eczema, menstrual difficulty, digestive issues, asthma, anxiety, auto-immune conditions and more.
- an acute condition – the flu, a cold, an infection, a cough, a childhood disease. An acute could also be a flare up of the chronic condition.
- a first aid situation – a fall, a trauma, dental work, surgery, a sprain/strain, a burn.
The length of time I spend with a person during a consultation may vary depending on whether it is a chronic, an acute, or a first aid situation. But always, always, I am finding out about the person – the what, and the how of what bothers them.
Look for Part 2 to this topic – the homeopathic consultation – in my next post.
If I can be of help in regard to a chronic, an acute or a first situation, I invite you to contact me here on this blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com. I would be happy to talk with you, and to find out what is bothering you.