I have updated this post that I wrote about 6 years ago. I want to share it with you again.
We are all individuals. ADD/ADHD is a name, a label, to a long list of symptoms, behaviors and responses. When a child, and/or an adult, is not fitting in to the environment of school, of work, of life even, then very often medication is recommended by the person’s physician, and/or by the school.
Some Children I Have Seen In My Practice
Over the years, I have seen many children who have been given the label of ADD/ADHD. There may have been a commonality in that they were not doing their work at school, having difficulty focusing and attending, and were easily distracted. Some of these children were proscribed medication – some took it and some did not. I believe that all of the parents of these children were open and wanting other ways of helping their child than using medications.
As I met with the child and their parents, I heard and observed more than that the child was distracted. I believe that each child was suffering in their own way. Below is a short description of some of the children I have seen in my practice.
- One girl was constantly moving around my office, crawling on the floor, hiding behind the chairs, and going under the desk. As she was moving around and changing her position in the room, she was talking to me.
- One boy sat still in his chair. At times, while he sat in the chair, he would move his leg. He said if someone did something to him, he automatically (and he used this word automatically) started figuring out how to take revenge on this person. Sweet revenge, he said, and smiled somewhat. He would plan what he would do to this person. He experienced very frightening dreams of dark images, which he said came right up to his face. After the first dose of the homeopathic remedy, he said that the automatic feeling of needing to take revenge on someone was gone; he didn’t feel it anymore.
- One boy had the urge to just run away from where he was. He felt very poorly about himself. At school, it was difficult to focus on what needed to be done in terms of his schoolwork. He was very concerned on how he said things, because it might be hurtful to someone.
- When I first met this boy at the door, he wanted to hide behind his mom. He also didn’t want to be videotaped. He felt embarrassed. During the school day, he was not focusing on his schoolwork. Once home, his mother needed to help him with his homework, going over the material he had learned during the day. After the first dose of the homeopathic remedy, both his mother and his teacher noticed that he was more focused on his work. His mother said that he seemed calmer.
- Another boy had angry outbursts and tantrums at home, at school, and in public areas.
- A boy who had a lot of fears at night.
There is more to each of these children than what I have written here. You can see how different each of these children are. Each child was given a homeopathic remedy that fit them, not the label of ADD/ADHD.
Healing With Homeopathy
With the healing with homeopathy, the child becomes more of who they are. The child is not changed. They become who they are fully, being curious and creative children. With the healing process, the child no longer experiences the inner interferences that has made it difficult for them to interact in their environment, the world around them, and with their family and friends.
Although, I have written mostly about children in this post, all of this applies to teenagers and adults as well, who may have been given the label of ADD/ADHD or are taking medication. We are all individuals, and our treatment needs to fit us, not a label. The individuality of the person is what that has been given.
I would be happy to talk to you further about yourself or a loved one who may have been given the label of ADD/ADHD or if there is another health issue they are experiencing. You can contact me here on this blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com. I see people both virtually and in person. I offer a complimentary 15+ Get Acquainted Call.