t Part of this is a re – post.
Several years ago, I was attending a meeting in which I was introducing myself and saying a little bit about homeopathy. I was specifically talking about a patient of mine, a young boy. I prefaced what I was saying about him, with the statement that “it is not that children are difficult, but that children are having difficulties.” I might say that this is so with any age.
I think we say that the child is difficult because for the people around them, it may be hard to be with them. It is difficult. The child may be too noisy, too unsocial, too quiet, too loud, not fitting in, too shy, doing behaviors that are not really sociably accepting. The child may be experiencing something within themselves, in their body, that is extremely unpleasant, painful, and uncomfortable. The behaviors may be a way for the child to sooth themselves, and the discomfort they are feeling and experiencing. The child is having difficulties, and we label them difficult.
Having difficulties applies to adults too.
What May Be Bothering The Person And How It Shows Up
What may be bothering the person, a child or an adult:
- An inner struggle
- Difficulty in vision, hearing, processing information, paying attention, focusing
- Environmental factors – exposure to toxins, not enough food, reaction to foods, reaction to medications or vaccines, poor environment, abuse
- A feeling, sensation or pain within them that is SO uncomfortable – physical, emotional, mental or spiritual
- Relationships – abuse (I know I mentioned this twice), family discord, parental problems, family dynamics, siblings, friends
- A physical ailment, an injury
- A physical pain
- An emotional lose or challenge
- An unknown – which we may never know
How the bothering may show up in the person:
- Anger, acting out, tantrums, biting, hitting
- Fears, terrors, anxiousness
- Sadness, withdrawal, depression
- Difficulty in friendships and relationships
- Bed wetting, frequent urination, UTI’s
- Oppositional behavior
- Frequent colds, sore throats, earaches, stomachaches, headaches, persistent or nervous coughs
- Rashes or other skin eruptions
- Respiratory symptoms – asthma
- Skin eruptions
- Difficulty concentrating and focusing
- Sleeping problems, nightmares, sleep walking
- Digestive issue – constipation, diarrhea, nausea, not want to eat, wanting to eat too much
The symptoms that the person is experiencing are signs that something is not right. We listen and witness them and use them to come to the homeopathic remedy that is needed at this time.
A Boy With A Recurring Cough
Years ago, I saw a young boy for a recurring cough. The cough actually bothered the mother more than it bothered the boy. When I was talking and listening to the boy, I understood that what bothered him the most was that his younger sister was the boss of him. He was older, taller, yet he felt that she was the boss of him. Unfortunately, his mother did not bring the boy back for a follow up appointment, but I found out through a friend of the family that the cough had subsided. My guess was that the boy was also feeling better about himself, and didn’t feel that his sister was the boss.
To his mom, the cough was difficult, difficult for her to hear. And she was concerned about her son’s health. For the boy, the relationship with his sister was difficult. Was the cough related to how he felt about himself when he was with his sister? Maybe. Both the cough and how he felt about himself were pieces of the totality, and led to the selection of homeopathic remedy that was used.
Homeopathy To Heal
I receive calls from people who are having difficulties. Often, it has been something they have been experiencing for awhile. Their health issue has not resolved. They have used different healing treatments and are not better. At this point, they come to homeopathy. I always say it is a process of healing. We start where they are, and go forward, often needing different homeopathic remedies as the healing process progresses.
If I can be of help to you or a loved one, please contact me here on this blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com. I offer a complimentary 15 + minute Get Acquainted Call to see if homeopathy is a fit for you. I work with people in person and virtually in and out of the San Diego, California area.