As a homeopath, my job is to understand what is the underneath, core imbalance that someone is experiencing. This is with whatever has brought someone in for homeopathic care, including when they say they are feeling anxious, and/or having panic attacks. The given homeopathic remedy is not for the anxiety, it is for this particular person who is feeling anxious. (To read a previous post on anxiety, click I am SO Anxious.)
Very often, people who say they are feeling anxious are given a prescription medication. The prescribed medication may be relieving for a period time, but it is not healing, at the core. We use the words “anxiety” and “anxious” a lot. It is a BIG generic term/label/diagnosis, and it is treated in a generic way too, not looking at the individual and what they are experiencing. Homeopathy looks at the individual and what they are experiencing.
I Am Anxious, And ______
Someone can say they are anxious, and then proceed to say:
- I have to constantly move. I am so jittery. I am always moving my leg.
- I do certain behaviors or actions that help calm or ease me, such as pacing, rocking, checking things over and over again.
- I feel paralyzed and unable to move
- I am so uncomfortable in social events.
- I worry how I am doing in school. I have an exam coming up.
- I feel sick to my stomach. My stomach feels like it is burning. I need to go to the bathroom all the time.
- I am feeling fearful. I am worried that my house will be broken into.
- I am anxious about my health, my family, my house, my children. I feel something horrible is going to happen.
- I am not sleeping well
- I want to sleep all the time
- I am having nightmares.
- I want to be in my house, which is where I feel safe.
- I am eating a lot, or I can’t eat at all.
- I have headaches
- I break out in a rash or other skin eruptions
- My mind is so dull. I can’t think.
- I want to be in control. I feel better when I am the one driving the car.
- I am afraid I will lose control.
- I bite my nails. I am short tempered. I want to be alone.
- And more.
As you read through this list, you can see how varied anxiety is experienced. When I meet with a patient, I want to hear more about what and how the anxiety and/or the panic attacks are for this person. I also want to find out about other physical and emotional symptoms, medical history, dreams, fears, and more. It is getting a whole picture of the person. The anxiety or panic attacks are not a separate piece of the person. They are a piece of the whole.
Other Healing Modalities
People often seek out ways to help themselves when they don’t feel well. There are many healing modalities that can be helpful for someone who experiences anxiety and panic attacks. Along with homeopathy, there is counseling, talking to someone, having a support system, being physically active, doing an activity that you love, meditating, having body work, having a massage, being aware of your feelings and thoughts, getting enough sleep, and eating well.
Homeopathy To Heal
Are you or a loved one feeling anxious or having panic attacks? I invite you to see how homeopathy can be of help to you. You can contact me here on my blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com. I see patients in the San Diego area, and also outside the San Diego area via Skype/Facetime.