I hear so often that someone is experiencing a certain health concern. At that time, it is a flare up. The person may experience flare ups fairly often. They may feel alright between the flare ups, but the flare ups continue to occur.
Within the last few weeks, I have heard about, and spoken to several people who have been experiencing flare ups of their health concern. They are:
- A woman who has shingles. This is not her first time having shingles. This time it has lasted more than the usual 7 weeks. She is in a lot of discomfort and pain.
- A one year old boy who has ongoing earaches. His doctor may be considering putting tubes in his ears. His mother tells me that the boy is fussy all the time, just not a happy baby. He has a sensitive nature, she says, and sensitive to foods that he eats, and to the foods that she eats. He is being breastfed, which is very good thing. When I look at him, I see red around his eyes, and he just doesn’t smile very much.
- A man who experiences ongoing digestive issues, whether having diarrhea very often, or just not feeling well after eating certain foods. He may have been diagnosed with, or given the label of, colitis or irritable bowel syndrome.
I am sure these three people are receiving health care, especially when they are having a flare up and are not feeling well. To me as a homeopath, when someone is experiencing flare ups often, it means that the root cause of what is bothering the person has not been healed.
I think of soil. When we garden, we want good, nourishing, life giving and sustaining soil in which our vegetables, flowers, trees, shrubs, berries, fruits, and anything else we plant can grow. Why wouldn’t we want that kind of soil for ourselves?
The soil of these three people is not well, not nourishing, not life giving to them. We can give medicines to help relieve and alleviate their symptoms, but most of the time, these medicines are not healing the person; the medicines may be easing the symptoms, for a time period, but not healing.
Homeopathy heals at the root cause of what is bothering someone. It is healing the soil of the person. When the soil is healthier, the person experiences less flare ups of their health concern, to possibly no flare ups. The person can bloom and flourish.
Homeopathy To Heal
When I meet with a patient, I observe them, listening to their language, and how they express themselves. With a child, I ask the mother and father to tell and to actually show me how the child responds and behaves to what is happening to them. What is the expression of the child? How do they move? What sounds do they make? For any age of the patient, it is always finding out about the individual person.
I would also want to know:
- What would they say is bothering them the most?
- How do they experience what bothers them?
- What was happening before they started to have this health concern – shingles, ear infection, or colitis.
- What happens right before the flare ups?
- How do they experience the shingles, ear infection or colitis – what makes it better or worse?
- For the child, what was the mother’s pregnancy like? How was the birth like?
- Other issues and sensitivities?
What Is Your Soil Like?
What is the soil like in your garden? Do you, or a loved one, experience an ongoing health issue with flare ups, such as ear infections, digestive issues, shingles, herpes, headaches, eczema or other skin eruptions, menstrual issues, chronic pain, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, or any other health concern?
Let’s talk and see how homeopathy would be a good fit for you. You can contact me here on this blog or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com.