This post is about women, about women of all ages taking care of themselves. So often, women, and especially moms, don’t really take care of themselves. As I used to say when my sons were younger, I wasn’t even on the list.
Women are so busy taking care of their family members, friends and coworkers, and not always themselves. I have previously written a blog post about caregivers, and another blog post about moms being my ideal patient , which you may want to read. The post on moms, talks about how they are the hub, the center of the family, making sure everyone is taken care of. Now it is time for moms, for all women, young, old, middle-aged to take care of themselves.
Some Of The Women I Have Seen
In my practice, I have seen women of all ages and for various health concerns. There usually is some specific reason that has brought the woman in to see me – a physical complaint, an emotional issue, an ongoing health concern. In addition to this specific reason, there is her, the woman, and how she responds and feels on all levels (physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually) to what has happened in her life. Homeopathy addresses the whole of her. Through listening, observing, and understanding what is at the core of what is bothering her, a homeopathic remedy is given that is similar to what she is experiencing, to the totality of her. The homeopathic remedy stimulates her own healing process, strengthening her vital force or immune system, healing the specific reason why she came in, and also healing the totality of her.
Here is a little bit about some of the woman who have come in to see me for homeopathic care. Please know there is more to each of these women than what I have written here.
– a 19-year-old, who has very heavy periods, with severe cramping.
– a woman going through menopause, who has hot flashes at night, making it difficult for her to sleep and then not feeling rested the next day at work. Having very emotional responses to experiences and situations in her life. Crying more.
– a woman in her 60’s who has had migraines for most of her life. Still having them after going through menopause.
– a woman figuring out what to do with her life. Has depressive types of thoughts. Taking care of her family. Asking herself, what can I do?
– a woman who is very involved in the workings of her family’s business. Experiences severe arthritic type pains in her hands, that she describes as a squeezing sensation. Has these pains more often when she is cleaning, using water. Very concerned on how the house is kept.
– a woman who experiences discomfort when having sexual relations with her husband. She is not really happy in the relationship.
– a woman who always has had someone helping her. Now she is a widow, and learning how to take care of herself, along with going through grieving for her husband.
– a young girl who has trouble sleeping, experiencing nightmares that keep her awake. During the day she is very irritable.
Some Of The Health Concerns Women Experience
Below is what may have brought the woman in for homeopathic care. Nothing is in isolation, as my teachers have said. Symptoms are not treated separately. It is the totality of the woman who is addressed, and the totality heals.
- menstrual issues – cramps, PMS, bloating, headaches, late periods, heavy flow, clots, perimenopause, menopause, hot flashes, insomnia, other symptoms related that may come up or are exasperated during the menstrual cycle
- digestive issues – bloating, constipation, diarrhea, food allergies and sensitivities, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease
- sleep issues – insomnia, frequent waking, difficulty falling asleep, nightmares
- pain – muscular, arthritic, nerve, acute or chronic, from an old injury
- headaches – migraines, allergies, seasonal
- anxiety, depression, ongoing grief, fears, phobias, focusing issues, memory issues
- skin eruptions – eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, warts
- respiratory – asthma, shortness of breath
- emotional states – sadness, anger, outbursts
- autoimmune illnesses – chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, polymyalgia
- what is bothering you?
An observation: it may be that we women always have a cycle. Whether we are actually menstruating, or not menstruating. Whether we are pregnant, or have gone through menopause. This “cycle” time may be when a symptom, a feeling, a thought, a state of being, a health concern, or what bothers us, is more prevalent or more intense than usual.
Healing With Homeopathy
Take care of yourself. Whatever age you are – young girl through older, wise woman; gay or straight; single, married or divorced; mom or not a mom. Take care of yourself.
Always happy to talk to you. I have a 15+ minute Get Acquainted Call. Either contact me through this blog post or through my website www.homeopathytoheal.com