The other week, I was attending a meeting in which I was introducing myself and saying a little bit about homeopathy. I was specifically talking about a patient of mine, a young boy. I prefaced what I was saying about him, with the statement that it is not that children are difficult, but that children have difficulties.
Children Who Are Having Difficulties, NOT Difficult Children
A child is having difficulties, and from this, there may be behaviors or responses or reactions or symptoms that the adults around the child find difficult. So we say the child is difficult. The child is having difficulties. Something is bothering the child, and it is manifested in symptoms and behaviors that others may find difficult.
Somethings that could be bothering a child:
- An inner struggle
- Difficulty in vision, hearing, processing information, paying attention
- Environmental factors – exposure to toxins, not enough food, reaction to foods, poor environment, abuse
- Relationships – abuse (I know I have written this twice), family discord, parental problems, family dynamics, siblings, friends
- A physical ailment, injury
Ways in which a child may manifest what is bothering them:
- Anger, acting out, tantrums
- Fears, terrors, anxiousness
- Sadness, withdrawal, depression
- Difficulty in friendships and relationships
- Bed wetting, frequent urination, UTI’s
- Oppositional behavior
- Frequent colds, sore throats, stomachaches, headaches, persistent or nervous coughs
- Respiratory symptoms – asthma
- Difficulty concentrating and focusing
- Sleeping problems, nightmares, sleep walking
- Digestive issue – constipation, diarrhea
The symptoms are signs that something is not right, off balance. The healing needs to address what is bothering the child. Sometimes, it is just changing the environment, and then the “difficulty” is better.
A Boy With A Persistent Cough
Years ago, I saw a young boy for a recurring cough. The cough actually bothered the mother more than it bothered the boy. With talking and listening to the boy, I understood that what bothered him the most was that his younger sister was the boss of him. He was older, taller, yet he felt that she was the boss of him. Unfortunately, his mother did not bring the boy back for a follow up appointment, but I found out through a friend of the family that the cough had subsided. My guess was that the boy also was feeling better about himself, and didn’t feel that his sister was the boss.
A Healing With Homeopathy
Homeopathy addresses the whole person. With this boy, the cough in a way was showing that here was something off within him. He had a sensitivity to someone else being smaller than him, who was bossy to him, even though he was bigger and older. That sounds simple, but there is more to it. His mother saw the difficultly as being the cough. The boy was having difficulties, the cough showed it, but there was more to it. And this sensitivity in relationship to his sister was probably experienced in other places, and with other people, possibly at school.
Is there a child you know who is having difficulties?
I am always happy to talk to people on how homeopathy can be helpful for them, and in this case extremely helpful for a child who is having difficulties. Either leave a comment below or contact me through my website, http://www.homeopathytoheal.com I offer a 15 complimentary phone consultation.