I saw that someone reading my blog may have been interested in the topic of Nux vomica and colic. I thought I would address that.
Always in homeopathy, you are matching what the person is experiencing to a homeopathic remedy that is similar. In order to do that, especially with a baby, observation of how the baby is responding to things, what is different in their temperament and their mood compared to their usually temperament, what makes them better or worse, and taking into consideration the mother’s diet and mood, especially if the baby is being breastfed.
Colic can be experienced by an adult too. That may be indigestion. So again it is by observation, and the adult can tell you verbally.
Someone needing Nux vomica would be experiencing:
- Pain cramping, griping, pressing, sore, bruised.
- Better: for passing a stool, for hot drinks, for warmth while in bed, for passing wind.
- Worse: after eating, from coughing, in the morning, during a fever, from wearing tight clothing, when tired, or eating too much or the wrong types of food.
- Pains coming on after overindulging with food or eating stimulating types of food. Their may be nausea or indigestion.
- Breastfeed babies – mothers eating too spicy foods or drinking too much coffee, tea or coke.
- Chilly, and become irritable when gets chilled.
- Violently angry, impatient, irritable, quarrelsome, nervous, excitable, angry when consoled.
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea.
- Constant desire to pass stool, but ineffectual (that is why they are better when passing a stool)
- Stools are hard, large.
- Shocked, let down, disappointed.
- Wants to feel better quickly. Making an intense effort to get comfort NOW.
And always, if this continues it would be good to see your physician or a homeopath.